JULY 13 2011 – 8:11PM
3 Blasts in south mumbai reported. Its less than an hour since I have heard of the news, Twitter is overflowing with info and I think it’s best to have good info at one place. I am collecting some tweets and links here.
Mumbai Help Blog RT @b50: The blog is up: http://j.mp/r5SUaF
#MumbaiBlasts Great spreadsheet with all Help/Contact Nos. RT @notdanwilkerson: http://j.mp/n1HnW8
Round up of people willing to shelter: Nos/twitter handle /areas: pass on to people who need wp.me/pwhKq-er
- If you’re stuck at Dadar, please go to @VJTI or @UDCT. You will find assistance there. via @sengupta. (For people stuck at Dadar: @VJTI hostel is available to stay in (walking dist. from Kabootar Khana). Contact Suraj Kute @ +91 9975742595)
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
HR Mahajani Marg,, Matunga,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400019
Telephone +91 022 24146972
INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY (UDCT)
Nathalal Parekh Marg,
Matunga, Mumbai-400019. (India)
Telephone: 91 22 33611111/2222. Fax No: 91 22 33611020
- Police Control Room #Mumbai 22621855 22621983, 22625020, 22641449, 22620111 etx 100 (Not sure if they would be reachable, worth a try)
- RT @dakshjuneja: Also sharing my landline number #### if u r in Chembur and need help of any kind …. #Mumbaiblasts
- Vishal: Folks, I stay near Siddhi vinayak. If you need any help…Acco etc call me/text me at ####” #Here2Help
- At Zaveri Bazaar, the closest hospitals are JJ Hospital (022-2373 5555), St. George (02222620109) and Bombay Hospital (02222067676)
- Near Dadar, the closest hospital is Hinduja (near Mahim): 02224452222 (via @sengupta)
- KEM (022-24136051), Nair (022-23085379), Harkishandas (23855555 / 30095555), Saifee (22 6757 0111) #MumbaiBlasts
- Other hospitals near Dadar: Dhanwantari (behind Shiv Sena bhavan) and Sushrusha hostpital (near Ovenfresh, Shivaji park)
- Sea Link is open. Western and Eastern Express Highways open. Traffic affected,. but moving. #MumbaiBlasts (via Mid Day)
- Near Dadar, the closest hospital is Hinduja (near Mahim): 02224452222 (via @joannedsouza)
- Huge traffic jam on marine drive going towards babulnath. Avoid if you can. #mumbaiblasts #traffic
- Traffic was all clear from Dadar Portuguese Church to Marine Drive when I came. Please don’t rush around madly.
Taxis will go off roads at midnight. Take care. via @sidin (Sidin updates: I have been told WITHOUT CONFIRMATION, that taxis will stop plying post midnight. Check yourself please.) – UPDATE 2: Taxis will indeed not ply beyond midnight tonight in Mumbai. Union chief Mr Quadros has confirmed to @mid_day. Also hearing from @anaggh: Less taxis will ply post midnight as confirmed by the union, in order to avoid traffic.Sidin: Okay. It appears that taxis will ply after midnight.
Updated to remove personal phone nos / email ids.